Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

100_6849

Hello All!  Happy Labor Day!

It’s been almost 2 weeks since I last wrote.  I have tried to.  But for whatever reason, after I’ve written a couple blogs, I decided not to post them.  Just didn’t feel like they were important enough.  So, third times a charm.

Thank you for those of you who have been asking about my Grandma.  She is still hanging on.  She told my dad “A lot of people have been visiting me, they must think that I’m dying…I’m going to live a long time just to be ornery.” They told us that she wouldn’t make it to her birthday, and that was last week.  God’s not finished with her yet on this earth.

Do you have plans for today?  My plans are to do nothing and enjoy my family.  It seems like since school started we hit the ground running and never looked back.  You would think that since I have two in school that I would have a ton of time on my hands when they are gone, but no such luck.  I’ve been volunteering at school and trying to finish up their rooms.  Not done completely with their rooms but getting close.  Delaney is having fun just following me around.  And occasionally getting spoiled when I’m at the store trying to find things for their room.  She’s so cute you hate to tell her no, and she never asks for anything, so when she does it’s a no brainer.

Jeff is really enjoying Chemistry.  (sarcasm).  He’s a couple weeks into school now and is starting to feel a little more confident.  I feel bad when he doesn’t understand something because I am certainly no help.  He’s hoping to take Emmitt out on the golf course today for some much needed down time.  He’s on call today, so we’ll see if that actually happens. 

Emmitt is enjoying 3rd grade.  Everyday he comes home and says school was “awesome”.  He loves his teacher and also loves the fact that she gives them time in class to work on homework. If they get it done in class, they don’t have to take it home.  He’s soon to turn 8 1/2 and you better believe that there will be a half bday cake for him.  I can’t believe that my baby boy is so old.  Where did the time go?

Carleigh is getting ready to start ballet this week. She is super excited.  She is probably more excited because she has a few new leotards to wear.  The girl loves clothes.  She’s going to be a designer one day.  My sister told me the other day that when Carleigh wears a certain shirt with a scarf, she never wears the scarf the same way.  Every time Angie sees her she’s got it tied a little different.  And the girl loves shoes.  She probably has a lot more than I do.  She changes close at least 4 times daily.  All that aside she is the most thoughtful child that I know.  She’s always making someone something to eat or drink, or making a card for someone.  She never asks for the same in return.  I brought her a pillow and blanket last night while she was watching a movie and she was so thrilled that I thought of her.  “O, momma, Thank you!”

100_6843

 

Delaney has a new word, PUNK>.  Let me tell you that it’s really hard to keep a straight face while telling her  “Delaney, we don’t call people Punks”. Ha.  I laugh just typing that.  She starts ballet next Monday and she is soooooooo excited.  She tells me that she’s already a ballerina.  And she twirls and whirls around the house to show me all her moves. You better believe that there will be lots of pictures taken her first class.  There is nothing cuter than a little girl in a tutu with her little pudgy belly hanging out.  I just hope that she doesn’t beat anyone up her first class. Joking.  She’s yet to actually beat anyone up. (but I’m sure the thought has crossed her mind).

I’ve been busy with kiddos and housework. I’ve really been seeking God as to what my next step is.  I thought that I would be home for the next 5 years with Elijah, so now that that is not a reality, I’m trying to figure out what is next.  Delaney will start Pre-K next year and then Kindergarten the year after that.  I know that I will go back to work at some point, so I'm trying to think  a head a little as to what I might want to do.  I’m sure that God already has it under control, but I’m still a thinker.  I’ve been fortunate to be at home for the last 8 1/2 years.  By the time Delaney will start school I will have been home for 10 1/2 years.  WOW.  Never thought that would have been a reality.  Thank you Jesus.  I’m so thankful that I got to raise my kids and see the firsts of everything.  It was worth all of the sacrifice.  I have the best job in the world.

Lastly I just want to say that I’ve really been praying for you all.  I know that there are tons of you going through some “stuff”.  From Miscarriages, to lost jobs, to lay offs, to sickness, to disease, to marital problems, to husbands being deployed.  I think about you all more than you know.  I will not stop praying for you and God’s best for you.  Hang close to Jesus and get in the Word.  It’s like a road map for life.  If you don’t know what to do, just open it and you’ll be sure to have a little clarity. Trust, Obey, Pray, Seek, Knock, Sing, Dance, Love, Forgive, Worship, Laugh, Serve!

Have an awesome day.  Thanks for taking the time to check in on our little family.

Blessings,

Marsha Stewart (tee he)

No comments: