Friday, April 16, 2010

Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

 

Don’t say that I didn’t warn you in advance that this is going to be a long post, K?  As you may know it’s been a while since I last wrote.  Where do I begin?

I guess I will start by giving you a quick update on our little fam.  Jeff is doing wonderful with juggling home life, our new church, working a ton of hours and going back to school.  Straight A’s so far.  Way to go babe!

I’m busy as ever with field trips, teaching Jazzercise, homeschooling Miss D for Pre-School, volunteering at the kids school, babysitting for Lees Summit Community Church, serving on the Praise and Worship team at our church, and just generally trying to keep clean clothes on the kids these days.

Emmitt and Carleigh are already in “summer” mode.  They have had ice cream on our front steps at least twice this week.  And have stayed out literally until I couldn’t see them anymore because it was so dark.

Delaney is just trying to keep up with me, poor thing.  She has discovered that while I’m busy with housework she can go into Emmitt’s room and watch his TV and play his DS and he will never find out about it because he’s at school.  She’s sneaky like that!  Her freckles are coming in more and more and people comment on her hair color every day.  (You cannot get it in a bottle).

Since I last wrote we celebrated Emmitt’s birthday, buried my Grandma on my Dad’s birthday and celebrated Elijah’s birthday.  I could go on forever about my Grandma and what we have been through this past few weeks with Elijah, but I won’t tonight.  It’s still a little too hard to talk about.  I want to thank you all for your prayers, cards, emails, comments, food, and flowers!  We seriously wouldn't be as far as we are today with out the love and support of you all!

I want to comment on one last thing before I let you go for the night.  I’ve kind of been thinking about it all week.  Earlier in the week I had tucked the kids into bed and sat on my bed trying desperately to find something good to watch to unwind from the day.  (Where are my moms at?  You know the feeling of being busy all day and FINALLY getting a few minutes where you didn’t have to serve anyone food, clean anything, or even think for a little while.  My moment usually sounds like this “AHHHHH”) 

Anyway, I was little disappointed and upset that my “moment” if you will was ruined by a bunch of shows of “STARS” that we made famous for pretty bogus reasons.    One show had a former Playboy Bunny who just became a new mommy.  Another show had women who we famous for their bodies and looks.  Another show had women who were famous for being “SOCIAL”. 

What does that even mean?  Are they interesting because their husbands make a lot of money and they can shop whenever they want?  Or maybe they are famous because they wear designer clothing?  Maybe it’s because they are home all day and still need a nanny to take care of their kids?  Maybe it’s because they have changed the way they look through NUMEROUS plastic surgeries.  (Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a plastic surgery hater, I’m not going to judge ANYONE for that.  I’m human, there are things about me I would love to change if I could , My problem is when you do it 6, 10, 15 times and still feel like you need to be “fixed”.) 

I guess the point that I’m trying to get to (in a total round about way) is the mere fact that God created YOU and ME for a purpose.  We don’t need to have a television show to have worth.  You are beautiful and unique and God loved you so much that he didn’t want to create ANOTHER you. You are perfect just the way that you are.  Not because of what you wear, how much money you have, or how big or little your nose is.  Be the best mommy, sister, friend, co-worker, grandma, cousin, wife, and person that you can be.  I guarantee there are others watching you when you don’t even know it. (Just like your own little show).

Let me give you a sneak peek into a new show coming up…it’s called the REAL Housewives of KC.  We start off the day waking up before everyone in the house to have quite time with the Lord, then we proceed to get ourselves and our children and husbands ready for the day.  Packing lunches, making breakfast, cleaning, laundry, more cleaning, kissing a boo boo, exercising (not with our $1,000 personal trainer who helped us loose 30 lbs just two days after we had our baby), sneaking in a bite of our kids leftover lunch because we didn’t have time to sit down (no personal chef here), bank, library, grocery store, school, park,supper, clean, homework, clean, bills, snack, clean, bath time, bedtime routine with the kids, kiss another boo boo, prayer time, story time, and finally we fall into bed only to be fully satisfied, happy, and fulfilled.  May not be a “Hollywood” story.  Probably pretty boring for some folks.  Not in the least bit predictable.  Maybe they could call it “HOLYwood”. Just a thought!

No comments: