Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just a lil update on our lil fam!

Hello Friends!  It’s been a while.  I’ve missed you.  I hope all is well since the last time I blogged.

I have had so much to say, yet I didn’t want to bore you with the little goings on of my life lately.  God has given me several things that I wanted to write about, but I would start to write, and he would stop me.  I don’t know why, but I was obedient.

Let me just tell you where we are all at right now:  Jeff is counting the days down until his last Chemistry class.  He has done well, but dearly misses us as he is gone 3 nights per week.  God has been speaking to him pretty regularly which just amazes me.  Sometimes I wish that God would speak to me even half as much as Jeff hears him.

Emmitt is doing well in 3rd grade.  He LOVES his teacher and his classmates.  His favorite subject is Science.  Who knows, he may be on Mythbusters one day.  (one of his favorite shows).  He’s definitely growing up and his personality is changing.  He’s also getting very tall, and he’s almost right under my chin. 

Carleigh is currently home sick from school today.  She hardly ever gets sick.  She’s my healthy eater so I think that contributes to her health.  She was recently asked what she didn’t like to eat, her response was “everything”.  Meaning she likes it all.  She is doing okay tonight, so I think that she’ll be going to school tomorrow.  She has to get well because she is having her first Sleepover Party for her 7th birthday on Thursday night. She is SO excited.  She’s been asking for a sleepover forever.  I think the girls are finally old enough to handle it.  We’ll see…I may be making some phone calls to parents about midnight of little girls wanting to come home to sleep.

Delaney is loving ballet still. I’ve had several comments lately from parents and children about how “good” she is already.  I thought that she would be more of our gymnast, but she may be on Dancing With The Stars one day.  She is as feisty as ever.  Here is a sample conversation she had last night with her daddy:

Jeff: “I love Ariel”

Delaney: “No you don’t, you’re a boy and boys like Prince Eric….Pssssht.”

How does a three year old learn to say Pssssht?  Who knows, but you just have to laugh at her.

 

I’m teaching a lot at Jazzercise lately, and keeping busy with volunteering at the kids school.  I figure I better do as much as I can now before I start back to work when Delaney starts school.

I also celebrated my 33rd birthday this month.  I had a pretty amazing birthday I must say.  Jeff spoiled me (as usual) by taking me shopping and baking me the best Pecan Pie that he’s ever made.  I celebrated last week with my sister and her husband and we had a blast just being together (as usual). I had a few lunches with friends and was really overwhelmed by all the love that was shone to me on my birthday. 

I had several birthday wishes by friends and family on Facebook which made me tear up more than a few times.  One word kept coming up and it was the word LEADER.  I hardly think of myself as a leader.  I fall daily.  But, I guess I do what we all do..I just get right back up and keep on walking.

Here is an email that just made me cry all over the place:

“I used you today as my example of an Inspired Leader. You are a great positive example to all who know you. I am honored to know you and hope some of your character will rub off on me!”

Guys, I’m not trying to toot my own horn, I wrote that to say this…whether you believe it or not, people are watching what you say and do all the time.  Our children watch us when bad things happen to see how we react.  My HOPE is that everything that I say and do be pleasing in God’s sight.  Before I get out of bed each morning I pray, “God, let everything that I say and do be pleasing to you, I want to walk in your will today, and always”.  I mean that more than anything.  Please let that be your prayer tonight.  You never know who’s watching you.  I’ve had my share of ups and downs in the last 3 years, but my prayer is that I was a positive example for my children in the face of adversity.  It majorly overwhelms me to think that some people think of me as a leader, but if they do, I better be the best that I can be, right?

That’s all for now folks.  I have to get kiddos ready for bed!

Blessings,

Marsha

No comments: