Friday, July 10, 2009

It’s Christmas In July!!!

What?  You didn’t know that it’s Christmas in July?  It is to me.  You see, it’s about this time every year that I get the itch.  What starts it?  Knowing that HSN and QVC will have a few glorious weeks of nothing but Christmas items.  Christmas Decor, Gift Ideas, Toys, and anything that you could possibly need for the Ho-Ho-Home. (I couldn’t resist). 

It all started the July after Jeff and I got married.  He discovered that all the home shopping channels have Christmas in July.  We were glued to the T.V. for an entire week.  Now when July rolls around, instead of planning for Summer activities, I start wondering when HSN will start showing the glorious Christmas Festivities.  I laugh when I see beautiful young models showing off their best “Ugly Christmas Sweater”. 

 

ugly sweater Here is one you can by on ebay for only $39.99.  Wow what a bargain.  It even lights up!

Did you know that people even have “Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties?”  One of Jeff’s friends was invited to one last year.  Isn’t that a hoot?  Everyone got together and wore what they thought was the ugliest Christmas sweater.  I wonder if they gave a way a prize for the worst?  My wheels are turning now, I want to have a party like that and take LOTS of pictures.  It would be soo fun.

Anyway, back to Christmas.  My families favorite movie is Christmas Vacation.  We watch it every year, (one or two or 50 times).  Unfortunately my kiddos have not been able to watch the best movie ever made because Clark drops a few f-bombs, and other “choice” words.  Maybe this year we’ll do what my dad did when we got to a bad part of a movie when I was growing up……fastforward until he thought it was done and then grunt the whole time.  We’ve been known to quote word for word parts of the movies at each other.  I don’t think that we ever have a meal with my mom and dad and Sis and Tom when someone doesn’t say  “If this is half as good as it looks, we’re in for a reaaaal nice surprise!”  He he!  I laugh just typing it.  BTW…our house is totally decorated for Christmas.  It’s right up there with Clark W. Griswalds.  Every year we add more and more to it.  I’ll have to take a picture this year and post it.

So if your interested, HSN starts Christmas in July on the 15th.  QVC will start theirs on the 25th.  I’m so excited~~

I’ve went so far as to get a Southern Living Christmas book from the library this month.  It had some great ideas and had a recipe that I will most definitely try in November. (if not sooner).  Are you ready for this??? Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream.  I don’t even like sweets, but that sounds DELISH.  You basically take a Frozen Premade Pumpkin Pie, chop it into bite size pieces and stir it into semi melted ice cream.  Then you re-freeze it for a little while.  Mmmmmm.

You may have already guessed that I’m not one of those last minute shoppers.  I start buying things right about now and am usually done by the 1st week of December.  I love finding the perfect gift.  It is truly more blessed to give than receive.  Last Christmas was special because I told Jeff that I was pregnant with Elijah on Christmas Eve.  I wrapped up the little stick in a pretty Christmas package and give it to him as an early Christmas present.  He was soo surprised.  I had always wanted to do that since I was a little girl.  I still have the stick in the pretty box.  The rest of the world didn’t find out about him until February.  It was our little secret.

Well, anyway, I have 5 more months to talk about all the many reasons that I so LOVE Christmas.  (I’m weird, I know that you were thinking it).

Here’s something fun for you to watch (you will have to turn off the music at the bottom of the blog to hear it).  I would love it if you could send me a comment of your favorite Christmas movie or tradition.  Enjoy!1525055785_m.jpg National Lampoons Christmas Vacation image by rebeccadawley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzMUxMp1ndk

By the way….Christmas is  167 days, 4 hours and 52 minutes.  But who’s counting?

By for now!

Marsha

No comments: