Sunday, June 14, 2009

A REAL Housewife of Kansas City!

I'm afraid I don't have much interesting to post tonight. I feel like it's just been another ordinary week in the life of a "Real Housewife Of Kansas City". Since I last posted I had a HUGE yard sale. I'm talking Ginormous sale. Seriously, why did I feel compelled to keep every single thing from every child from the time that they wore born until now? We made over $300 so that's not to shabby. I was able to get somewhat organized while all our "stuff" was out of our storage and garage. Mom counted and I had 33 giant storage bins full of clothes. We still have a TON left. So now I'm sorting to donate, give away, take to resale shops and list on eBay and Craig's list.

It was much harder emotionally than I thought. To me it was memories, first toy, first trip to the zoo, first trip to the park, etc...To others it was just USED stuff. At first everything that left my hands was sentimental 1. because of my kiddos that used it and 2. because of my babies that will never use it. I felt like when it left my hands, it was memories AND dreams leaving with them.

I know, I'm crazy sentimental, but it's just the way I felt. I actually broke down at one point because someone bought our Rocker/Glider. I successfully nursed and rocked 3 precious babies to sleep every night in that chair for at least 5 or 6 years. I felt like it was still meant for Jordan, Mia, and Elijah. Letting it go, in a way, was letting them go. That's deep. Too deep to contemplate. I don't want to even think about it. But I HAD to. I cannot hang onto everything for the rest of our lives. So, by the end I was HAPPY to see it all go bye-bye!

I can see the look on Emmitt, Carleigh and Delaney's face a few years from now when I give them everything that I have been saving them IN A MOVING TRUCK! (I don't think that they would appreciate that do you?)

So the moral of the story, just LET IT GO, and the next time I say that I want to have a yard sale would someone please slap me??? They are a lot of work!

As I type Delaney is in her room doing everything BUT going to sleep for the night. Emmitt and Carleigh are playing together instead of reading their library books and Jeff is getting caught up on some much needed rest time. He has studied all weekend for his big test on Wednesday.

I'm getting ready to settle all snug in my bed while visions of a FUN week all dance through my head.

I have some good news to report. My brother in law's brother, Terry, has been battling cancer. To date his medical bills were over $300,000. He got word from his attorney this week that the drug company is going to pay for most of it. So not only is he cancer FREE, (in just 5 months) he's also a little more debt FREE!

Do you want to hear some more good news? We needed new brakes on the van and also rotors. Total it was going to cost around $800+ to get it fixed. My brother-in-law Tom works for GM. He has a buddy (who also works for GM, and is still thankfully employed) who is trained to change brakes and rotors and happily agreed to do it for us FREE OF COST. Tom wouldn't allow us to pay him either for the brakes, so it was entirely FREE>. Isn't God good?

I also have some not-so-good news to report. My friend was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on Monday. She's only 37 years old, is happily married and has a 4 and 8 year old. I haven't had a chance to talk to her personally yet, but I believe that God is going to heal her. So please pray for her.

That's all for now folks. Must.....get.......rest.......now!

Have an awesome week! Love to all!

Marsha

No comments: